I’ve done this in 2007 and doing this again this year.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you hadn’t done before?
Travel to Japan from Dubai and back (16 hours travel time including a layover in HK) with a 4 year old.
2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not close to me physically as they are in Japan but 2 of my close friends gave birth after years of trying.
3. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank God.
4. Did you travel? Where did you go?
Yes, to Japan and to the Philippines for a wedding.
5. Best thing you bought?
6. Where did most of your money go?
Our travels, my mom’s visa.
7. What do you wish you had done more of?
Taking photos while we were in Japan.
8. What do you wish you had done less of?
Eating peanut brittle.
9. What kept you sane?
Peanut brittle and BLOGGING.
10. What drove you mad?
Not completely mad yet but exercising so much yet not losing weight like I expected was driving me a little mad.
11. What made you celebrate?
My mother finally getting a visa and able to stay with us longer.
12. What made you sad?
An overworked husband!
13. How was your birthday this year?
No celebration at home because M was out for work (it’s ok). We were invited to a children’s birthday party. Pristine was so happy – that’s enough birthday gift for me, her happiness.
14. What political issue stirred you the most this year?
Obama – he did not stir me but my mom watching the debates and following with all the election in the US kind of made me think. My mother loves politics! That’s so new to me.
15. Were you in love in 2008?
Yes, to the same person
16. What would you like to have in 2009 that you didn’t have this year?
17. What date from 2008 will be etched in your memory and why?
June 12. I don’t want to recall.
18. What song will remind you of 2008?
One step at a time by Jordin Sparks – a good song and it’s Pristine’s favorite.
19. Compared to this time last year are you happier?
20. Biggest achievement this year?
Surviving a long haul flight with a young child.
21. Biggest disappointment this year?
Not losing weight.
22. What is the one thing that would have made you more satisfied?
If I was able to run even a half marathon or even a 5K or a half 5K!
23. Best new person you met this year?
A new female colleague from Pakistan.
24. A valuable life lesson you learned this year?
You can’t change people, you can change only yourself and control the way you react to these nasty creatures.
25. How was your health in 2008?
Not bad but still with migraines.
26. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I guess but not completely!
27. What countries did you visit?
Japan and the Philippines!
28. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
29. Did you suffer hardship in 2008?
Yeah, a little bit, you can say that.
30. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My mother. She can spend time with a pre-schoolers (plural – she is taking care of one more 5 year old, our neighbor) more than I do and yet manage to be very graceful at the end of the day!
31. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My mother inlaw’s behavior. We were so close before, having a really warm relationship that defy all monstrous inlaw relations until this summer. She has ran amok with her emotions because of depression. She’s in the hospital now.
32. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My brother’s wedding, going back to Japan, going to Tokyo Disneyland, getting a haircut after 20 months!
33. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? same
iii. richer or poorer? Break-even
34. How did you spend the New Year’s?
With my family.
35. How many one-night stands?
36. What was your favorite TV program?
No TV at home!
37. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
38. What was the best book you read?
The Sky Isn’t Visible From Here by Felicia Sullivan
39. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?
Natasha Bedingfield, Pink, Nickelback, Maroon 5!
40. What did you want and get?
An Ipod, I won from a radio contest!
41. What did you want and not get?
42. What was your favorite film that you watched this year?
Definitely MAMMA MIA. I can watch it again and again and again. And oh, The Polar Express – we watched it on Christmas Eve and I loved it!
43. What one experience do you never want to repeat from this year?
Pointless arguments with hubby.
44. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Capris and t-shirt.
45. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most
Hugh Jackman, who doesn’t fancy him?
46. Who did you miss?
My friends in Japan.
47. Quote that sums up your year:
Love begets love.
48. Was 2008 a good year for you?
49. What was your favorite moment of the year?
Boarding the plane for Japan!
50. What was your least favorite moment of the year?
Having told “fat” by neighbors back home!! Truth hurts.
51. Where were you when 2008 began?
52. Who were you with?
53. Do you have a new year’s resolution for 2009?
Read more books, be more positive, spend more time with my daughter.
54. What was your favorite month of 2008?
November because it rains in Dubai in November.
55. What was your favorite song in 2008?
Lots. Goodnight, goodnight by Maroon 5, Love Song by Sara Bareilles, No Air by Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown
56. What was your favorite record from 2008?
Definitely Maroon 5’s new album and Coldplay’s Viva La Vida!
57. How many concerts did you see in 2008?
No concert in 2008!
58. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2008?
59. Did you do a lot of drugs in 2008?
Just for my usual headaches.
60. How many people did you sleep with in 2008?
The usual – my husband and daughter.
61. Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
None I can think of.
62. What was the worst lie someone told you in 2008?
None I think?
63. Did you treat somebody badly in 2008?
No, at least not intentionally.
64. Did somebody treat you badly in 2008?
65. What was your most embarrassing moment of 2008?
Being on air in the radio and accidentally blurting out, “Shit!”
66. If you could go back in time to any moment of 2008 and change something, what would it be?
I’d change the way I handled things on June 12.
67. What are you most looking forward to in 2009?
Having another baby, traveling to Jordan (whichever comes first)
How was your 2008?
Do let me know if you’re doing this meme! Have a fruitful and blessed New Year everyone! Thank you for visiting, commenting, reading my blog in 2008!