I love Thai food. I love the rich, tangy flavor that lingers in your mouth and in your mind long after you’ve left a Thai food joint. I’ve always wanted to cook Thai food but honestly intimidated by it all – even from looking at the ‘exotic’ ingredients alone!
Lemon grass, galangal,masaman paste, etc…the list goes on.
Thankfully, World Foods sauces, pastes, marinades and ready to pour sauces will hopefully lessen the difficulty barrier.So here goes my first challenge.
Recipe: Masaman Chicken Curry
- 400 grams Chicken
- 2-3 pcs potato, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup World Foods Thai Masaman Curry Ready to Pour Sauce
- FOR HERBAL PASTE:
- 2 pcs star anise
- 4 cumin seeds
- small chip of cinnamon bark
- small piece of galangal, minced
- 2 stalks lemon grass, finely chopped
- TAMARIND SAUCE (mix all):
- 3 Tablespoon World Foods Indonesian Sweet Tamarind Marinade & Stir-fry
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon palm sugar
- Make herbal paste: In pan, roast star anise, cumin seeds, cinnamon bark and cardamom seeds. Place in mortar and pound finely.
- Add in lemon grass and galangal. Pound some more – this is your herbal paste
- In 2T oil, saute onion and garlic until garlic is translucent.
- Add chili and herbal paste.
- Add chicken and potatoes. Stir fry.
- Add chicken stock and World Foods Thai Masaman Curry Ready to Pour Sauce. Simmer.
- When the chicken and potatoes are cooked, add coconut milk and tamarind sauce.
- Serve hot.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
The Masaman curry sauce was mild and I did not have to worry about my daughter not eating it. The potatoes go so well with this curry dish that even the baby loved it (mashed). If you can find the ingredients in your area, try this recipe. It’s so delicious with rice!
If you love Asian cooking please check out what the other UAE food bloggers have made using World Foods!