Just thought I’d give an update on Benjaboo’s rashes on the face. From upper left going to the right, the day we went to the doctor on 6th June when the rash is very red, scaly and raw, the day after on 7th and on Friday the 8th. Just two days after doing the prescribed treatment plan and taking the meds, his skin has showed a lot of improvement.
From lower left, Saturday 9th June, Sunday and then the lower right, taken this morning, Monday 11th June. It is not scaly, dry or moist anymore, just a patch of faint red.
For those curious what the doctor prescribed, it’s Cutivate Cream and oral antibiotic named Augmentin Suspension. The skin care treatment plan:
- Long baths in tepid water
- No scented soaps – we use Cetaphil
- Cotton clothes, towels
- Biodegradable detergent – also, we don’t hang his clothes to dry outside on windy days. We live in the desert, remember?
- A tablespoon of olive oil added to the water at the end of the bath then rub oily water all over
- Lipobase moisturizing lotion morning and night
Finally, we’re seeing the light at the end of this tunnel! Soon we can go out without strangers coming up to us and asking, “What’s wrong with his cheeks?” or that random stranger who was teary eyed telling me, “Bring him to the hospital, please!”