The cliche is true: time flies fast.
Wasn’t it just yesterday when he was born? Today, someone turned 4 months old…or young. My beautiful baby boy has given me four whole months of precious moments (despite the early days of colic but still).
- Rolls from back to belly! (and then gets really cross when he wants to return back and no one helps him)
- Baby talks – alot!
- Sings! He started accompanying the songs I sing to him with ooh’s and ah’s and now, he really takes the cue. If I tell him, let’s sing, he does. If I stop, he stops.
- Bites! Those nasty toothless bites and epic amounts of drool. He uses LOTS of bibs and burp cloths.
- Sleeps through the night on some days
- Wakes up for two hours in the middle of the night on some days – he would just randomly wake up energized, big wide eyes looking at me as if begging, “what are you doing sleeping mom? Let’s go out and play!”, even if it’s 2 am.
- Still refusing to drink from the bottle
- Still breastfeeding but drinking from a sippy cup! He must be the youngest sippy cup user!
As for me – four months on, I still have a resentment going on with regards to the emergency c-section. I know it was medically necessary to save my life and Benjamin’s (birth story here) but I still secretly wish it was all a nightmare and did not happen. However, my scar and that incision wound still throbs and pains at times, reminding me of the reality. I still can’t exercise much – I miss the happy hormones brought about by exercise. I miss lifting weights, running. I miss wearing my old clothes.
So much for my whine.
Benjamin is a happy baby boy at four months. I can’t wait for the coming days when he can sit, eat solids, crawl, walk or run. Our first is a girl and now we have a boy, something tells me we have exciting times ahead and different challenges to face!