UPDATE: This is the part where I’m allowed to say, OH SHIT!
It’s 5:30 pm in Dubai, November 8 and? it RAINED. I love you rain but you were not supposed to pour on the day I post the predict-the-Dubai-rain contest! Such a kill joy!
Sorry friends, I have to close this. It rained on November 22 last year and now, it’s just November 8. Dubai weather is totally unpredictable and seeing the lovely morning weather today? Who knew it would really look like this in the afternoon:
Local newspaper Gulf News have confirmed the rain here. So contest CLOSED.
As of yesterday morning, this was how the skies looked like:
It looked like this this morning too.
I almost forgot – it’s November and there’s always something I look forward to every year in November (not my birthday). Thanks to my friend Krista, now I remember.
The last time it rained here was a long time ago, in March or April. I’ve not been keeping record this year but yeah, we’re pretty much so dry here. Speaking of rain, I’ll bring up last year’s contest of predicting our first rain of the season! Clouds have been sneaking out once in a while and there had been times when I looked up and said to myself, “it might rain today” so we’ll never really know exactly when.
So, when do you think we Dubaians will get our first drop of rain of the season?
Predict a date and win a prize! Here are the rules:
- Pick a date from today, 8th November onto the 30th (I’m pretty sure it’ll rain before the end of this month so I didn’t include December)
- Leave a comment with your date of choice (your bet Dubai’s going to have the first rain of the season). If you leave your blog URL in the comment form, I’ll link to it.
- This post will be updated with the names of the commentors as they come in.
- You can pick any one date but I’ll open the bets to three people per day only. Once three people have picked a day, that day will be closed.
- When the skies open up and we get rain here, with the road getting wet – the road has to get wet so a 10 second drizzle isn’t counted, then I’ll announce the winner(s)! Naturally, once it rains, this contest will be closed.
I’ll include a news clip/article for evidence – rain in Dubai always land in the news so you’ll know this game is fair. 😉
The prize will be something Dubai-themed, I’m not going to reveal what it is yet so it’s a surprise! Now here are the dates, go!
- November 8 – it RAINED!!
- November 9
- November 10
- November 11
- November 12
- November 13
- November 14 – Elizabeth
- November 15
- November 16
- November 17
- November 18
- November 19
- November 20
- November 21 – Anton de Leon
- November 22 – Krista
- November 23
- November 24
- November 25
- November 26
- November 27 – Elizabeth Doan
- November 28
- November 29
- November 30
Good luck and wish us rain, soon!