What’s new in desert land? Let me count ’em:
- There was a sandstorm yesterday – we had dull, gray skies, strong hot wind (blow dryer in your face kind of weather has arrived) and rain! Rain! in May!! Oh well it was just a drizzle just before 7 pm but still very weird weather!
- Dubai folks over at Twitter were busy buzzing about the recent article from UK’s The Guardian. Article teaser says, “Couples who publicly kiss are jailed, yet the state turns a blind eye to 30,000 imported prostitutes”. Oh yeah, wowzers…read the article here if you’re intrigued. And based on the stories I have heard from other residents here and actual “sightings” of these girls, yeah it is true.
- A friend of mine got back from her Umrah (pilgrimage) to Mecca, Saudi Arabia with swollen, bruised feet. She said she walked for hours wihout any shoes. I have yet to investigate on the story. (She’s too busy catching up with work that I haven’t talked to her much since morning)
- I won a radio contest again and the prize is a two night weekend stay plus breakfast buffet (who wakes up to have breakfast on hotels!?) at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Hmmm, I just saved my husband some money because we’ll go on our anniversary in July + Pristine of course, just like last year. I’m counting the days until the mini R & R.
- It’s getting real deal hot in here with temperatures soaring to the 40’s (102F) on midday. If it’s still too cold or snowing in your place, I’m open for bargain and gladly share half of Dubai’s temp. In that way, we’ll all be happy.
Lastly, I tucked Pristine to bed last night, hugged her tightly and whispered to her: “I love you. You are my life.” To which I got the reply, “I love you too mama but I’m not inside your body anymore!”
Anything going on in your neck of the woods?
Maybe you should leave Pristine at home with your Mom and just do a couples get away! Romance and time for just the two of you!
.-= Maribeth´s last blog ..Lob-stah! =-.
You are amazing with winning those radio contests!! That sounds great.
It will be 65 degrees here today, which is a little on the cool side for this time of year here – it was 90 degrees last Friday though. Even 90 degrees is too hot for me!
yeah! Another contest win! Congrats.
Yeah, I’ve seen a few of those 30,000. See:
My (brief) experience with them.
Yeah, that article about the “girls” is exactly why the rest of the world laughs at the “strict” Islam that they want us to take seriously.
Nice informations, man! Thanks! Desktop Air Purifier.
.-= Jonas Benicio´s last blog ..How To Buy a Desktop Air Purifier =-.
I agree that the weather is kinda weird in all part of the world these days 😦 Sometimes there is the unusual heat and cold. I think Pristine is really sweet to her mommy 🙂 By the way congratulations for winning the radio contest!
Geeeez, you and your contests!
You should totally send me some of your good ju-ju. LOL
That’s definitely something to look forward to when you’re forced to go out into that nasty heat >.<
.-= Kayla´s last blog ..Oprah Trip:: Day 1 =-.
Congrats on winning – again ! 🙂
I finally won something – a facial in a lovely spa in Belfast
not much happening here but I am attempting to blog daily for a month – always a challenge for me!
Congrats on the prize!! That is awesome.
LOL – Pristine is very funny. 🙂
BTW – I have moved my blog.
Congrats on the prize!!
i hate the hot weather.
What really got me was the imprisonment for a kiss on the cheek of a couple? How is that? It is really odd that a kiss can lead you to jail but offering bodies are not prohibited.
.-= IT consultant Hertfordshire´s last blog ..Exchange Store Fragmentation =-.
lovely post i must say it is nice and good informative post thanks for the sharing this post