Simply because financially, you can! – Special summer rates for 5 star hotels. Airlines and hotels lop more than a third off their normal prices so luxury is affordable.
- You can travel light! – No need to bring so much clothes in your luggage. Yes, you can show some skin in this Muslim country and keep your head intact. Just don’t overdo it, ok?
- You feet will thank you – Flip-flops and sandals will do, forget your socks. Time to expose your pale feet to some sun.
- You can use the hankies at last! – Finally, you can pull those cute hankies given to you as gifts and put them to good use. Try going out and in less than 2 minutes… hankies to the rescue!
- Mrs. Beckham will envy you! – A guaranteed FREE perfect tan in just 10 minutes!
- You can enjoy the serene beach – the sand and the sea all to yourself!
- You can even achieve diet success! – It’s very possible to lose one dress size in a week. But see and smell the streetside shawarmas? Just don’t even think about it.
- You’ll know what is meant by unbroken blue skies – aside from occassional gray clouds lately, the sun is always shining and skies are always blue here.
- A bling awaits you – I will award you with the title “Heat-seeker of the first degree”.
- You will become ‘environment conscious’ – You will know the meaning of 50C (110-115F) temperature and 90%+ humidity.
- You’ll know the definition of irony – by knowing how 15C feels like in the middle of summer (inside offices and malls)
- You’ll know the definition of superficial and denial – There you are sipping your coffee inside the temperature controlled premises called the mall a.k.a. your secondary home and then it hits you: it’s time to go home, go out to the hot reality beyond that sliding door…
- Above all – Where else can you experience hell on earth?
Side note: Hellish Dubai is available for limited offer only. Don’t ask me what I am doing here and why we continually thrive here when I make it look like it’s unbearable because actually, it is not. When summer is over, Dubai is just perfect! Not too hot and never too cold!
This was originally posted 3 years ago – thought I’d post it again now that there are people reading.