After two years of shouting trivia answers inside the car while listening to a radio contest, I finally had the guts to call in and join on the first day of the challenge, last Sunday.
Here are some notable things I learned this week during my radio challenge:
1. Radio calls are exciting – Getting a call back from a local DJ is exciting.
2. Excitement expires – That excitement turned to a feeling of terror in a span of 5 seconds.
3. I am backstage shy – I know I suck at public speaking, I didn’t know that I would still be shy even on the phone, even if I didn’t have to face anyone at all.
4. I have extra-active sweat glands – My hands sweat profusely when I am nervous. I’m lucky my phone didn’t drown and die on me.
5. I hate my radio voice – I sound so different on the radio. I almost can’t recognize myself.
6. My mom thinks I’m bluffing – My mom didn’t recognize me in my radio voice, too. She said, I didn’t sound ‘natural’. Hello, mom? It’s even a miracle my voice came out!
7. 60 seconds is sixty seconds – On to the trivia challenge. I never knew 60 seconds could feel so long!
8. It is easier listening than actually participating – Being on the spot is tough. I need oxygen!
9. I need to stock up on my trivia study– I need to brush up on theater-related trivias. Those little unnecessary bits can be useful sometimes. The beauty of trivias is that the scope is so wide, there’s a lot of things to learn!
10. I can be a wreck when I am nervous – I hate anticipation! I hate the unknown. Since Sunday night, I couldn’t sleep well at night and a bit restless during the day, especially when the Trivia Challenge is on right before 8 am! *sigh*
11. I am lucky – I scored 10 but that is a very beatable score. I’m just happy 4 people who took the challenge didn’t score more than ten! Nothing but luck there since there are challengers who score 13 and above in the past!
12. I have the ability to immobilize my husband’s hearing function – I SCREAMED in the car when the last challenger’s time was up and she scored only 7, meaning that I am still the reigning champ and I won!
13. Never again? – I might never want to join that trivia challenge contest again or I might but not on the first day. Maybe in the middle of the week so I only have few days of restlessness.
Now that it’s finally over, I can finally do my happy dance and sleep peacefully. Hope you all have a happy weekend!!