I got this last year and I thought it would be a great way to recall the events of the year:
1. What did you do in 2007 that you hadn’t done before?
Relocated to a far away land tagging my spouse and kid who are fully dependent on me.
2. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My colleague at work, his wife gave birth on my birthday last month.
3. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank God.
4. Did you travel? Where did you go? Best holiday memory?
Yes, we travelled when we relocated in Dubai at the start of 2007.
5. Best thing you bought?
6. Where did most of your money go?
Relocation. Taxes, mortgage we left in Japan.
7. What do you wish you had done more of?
Exercise, again. This just pops out year after year, doesn’t it!
8. What do you wish you had done less of?
Surfing the net during office hours?
9. What kept you sane?
10. What drove you mad?
The new work environment, especially my work schedule. Working on Saturdays and Sundays and only having one day off per week will never rub in on me.
11. What made you celebrate?
My husband finding a (second) job here and loving it.
12. What made you sad?
Leaving Japan, a place I call my second home. I am enjoying my life here in Dubai but sometimes I wish I’d go to Japan for vacation, specially on spring and autumn there.
13. How was your birthday this year?
Different. I am finally able to enjoy it, have cake and eat it without any interruptions but with lots of guilt, though.
14. What political issue stirred you the most this year?
Not really interested in politics, unless I saw Bush stepping down the office, I would care less. Pakistan’s Benazir Bhutto’s assasination.
15. Were you in love in 2007?
16. What would you like to have in 2007 that you didn’t have this year?
My ideal weight (and it’s at least 20 lbs away), preferably before my brother’s wedding on August.
17. What date from 2007 will be etched in your memory and why?
December 1, when I had to call an ambulance because my daughter fainted. On the happier side, being able to visit the famous and pristine Jumeirah beach where tourists from all over the world travel to see.
18. What song will remind you of 2007?
When You’re Gone by Avril Lavigne – mine and my daughter’s favorite and Chris Daughtry’s Over You – played on the radio everyday.
19. Compared to this time last year are you happier?
Yes! With the pretty relaxed work situation here, M is happy and if he is happy = less pedantic = I am happy.
20. Biggest achievement this year?
Driving in Dubai.
21. Biggest disappointment this year?
Not being able to go back to my pre-pregnancy weight.
22. What is the one thing that would have made you more satisfied?
A bigger apartment or a house with a backyard for my daughter to play with.
23. Best new person you met this year?
Does the person have to be physically with me? Online friends not counted? 🙂 Physically present new persons = none!
24. A valuable life lesson you learned this year?
Can be summarized in the saying: “No one can hurt you without your consent”.
25. How was your health in 2007?
Not bad, except for a few headaches which is already a part of what I am.
26. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
The resolution to lose some weight, yes! I kept it. I mean “some” weight so don’t expect too much!
27. What countries did you visit?
Only the UAE this year hopefully Egypt and/or Jordan next year!
28. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
29. Did you suffer hardship in 2007?
Paying bills in two countries, at least in the present country I don’t have to pay for taxes.
30. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Our little one, who braved going to class with kids from all over the world. Even with her very limited English, she never failed to show up at school, remained enthusiastic with all she does and now her efforts are paying well! She can speak the language very fluently, even in her sleep!
31. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No one. I chose not to be appalled or depressed anymore. It’s not healthy and it’s not making me any thinner!
32. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
(In no particular order!) Going to the beach in Dubai, working for a new company, our new life in a totally different country.
33. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? lighter
iii. richer or poorer? Break-even
34. How did you spend the New Year’s? With my family, my mother, my aunt, a cousin and a friend I can call my family too.
35. How many one-night stands?
36. What was your favorite TV program?
No TV at home!
37. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Life is too short, I have rid myself of hating as much as possible.
38. What was the best book you read?
By the River Piedra I sat Down and Wept by Paulo Coelho; The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Dr. Stephen Covey
39. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?
40. What did you want and get?
The last Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!
41. What did you want and not get?
A bigger apartment.
42. What was your favorite film that you watched this year?
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix – just because this is the only movie I watched. Wait, I did watch the Fantastic Four too but well, I am a huge Harry fan…
43. What one experience do you never want to repeat from this year? Sleeping through Christmas eve and Christmas because of sickness.
44. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
No bigger sizes even if my body expands.
45. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No one, I guess
46. Who did you miss?
An old friend who I recently become reacquainted with online.
47. Quote that sums up your year:
Hard work pays.
48. Was 2007 a good year for you?
49. What was your favorite moment of the year?
My mother finally arriving in Dubai.
50. What was your least favorite moment of the year?
Having to sleep through Christmas eve because of flu, hospital trips.
51. Where were you when 2007 began?
At home, where else? But someday, I’d love to be in Times Square New York shouting five, four, three, two, one…Happy New Year
and kissing random people!!!
52. Who were you with?
53. Do you have a new year’s resolution for 2007?
To take things lightly. Thinking too much about petty things only adds wrinkles and white hair, which I have lots of already.
54. What was your favorite month of 2007?
December because it is cooler and it is P’s birthday and of course, Christmas.
55. What was your favorite song in 2007?
When You’re Gone – Avril Lavigne
56. What was your favorite record from 2007?One from Avril Lavigne.
57. How many concerts did you see in 2007?
Still never been to a concert. I have to break this record and go to a concert soon. Shakira and Justin Timberlake came but I did not go.
58. Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2007?
No because I still have to get a liqour license and I am too lazy to do that. Besides, I realized that one can live perfectly well without alcohol.
59. Did you do a lot of drugs in 2007?
Just for headaches and some for asthma.
60. How many people did you sleep with in 2007?
Wow, tough question. Easy answer, none!
61. Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
None I can think of.
62. What was the worst lie someone told you in 2007? Can’t remember, maybe I was too busy to notice?
63. Did you treat somebody badly in 2007?
No, at least not intentionally.
64. Did somebody treat you badly in 2007?
65. What was your most embarrassing moment of 2007?
None, I guess. Rushing my daughter to the hospital via an ambulance with home clothes and without a bra! (thankfully I had a cardigan over, but still it made me very concious)
66. If you could go back in time to any moment of 2007 and change something, what would it be?
I think I would not change anything. I liked the events as it is.
67. What are you most looking forward to in 2008?
- My brother’s wedding in August (a quick vacation to the Philippines for me)
- Our vacation in Japan more than a year after our relocation. Taking the babe to Tokyo Disneyland for the first time. It will be M’s first time to Disneyland too, would you believe!
- Going to the neighboring places, probably seeing the Pyramids in Egypt or Petra in Jordan
- Save a lot to be able to do all of the above.
How was your 2007?