I work closely with a Japanese company. Aside from the 5 hour time difference and unsynchronized work days, some of my colleagues are complaining that the Japanese workers get too many vacations than we do.
- we work Saturday – Thursday
- we only get 1.5 days off: afternoon of Thursday (but considering the heavy traffic on my way home, it seems like the whole day is spent outside) and whole day Friday off.
- we have 3-4 days of holidays after Ramadan once a year
- a day off for national day in December
- some other 3 days of Islamic holiday every year
Special schedule: we only get to work for 5 hours for 30 days during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan.
- Work sked is Monday-Friday
- Off on Saturdays and Sundays every week.
- They have these national holidays every single month with the exception of June, ranging from one day to 5 straight days! If it’s one day, the government set it to Monday so they can have a long weekend.
Sounds like they have all the fun but most Jap workaholics stay in the office until 10 pm while we don’t do overtime in Dubai and we get to spend dinner with out families every night.
Which would you prefer?
** The Bloggy Giveaways Carnival is on! Win $30 via Paypal! **