Sorry for not posting for a while…but first things first – Baby Ben is 10 months old today! His first birthday is getting nearer and nearer. My baby boy is slowly growing and one day I’ll realize he’s not a baby anymore and I won’t know what to do. I’ve been too much addicted to this baby phase that I might need to borrow someone’s baby when I need that ‘baby high’!
- Welcomed two new teeth (upper)! But these two nasty teeth came with so much discomfort for him including fever, restlessness and reduced appetite!
- He walks while holding on to furniture and cruises a lot confidently
- He waves both his hands when he hears music!
- Searches for objects when I try to hide it – “it” being a chocolate bar (oops!)
- Still breastfeeding but sadly, he has developed the knack of biting (either due to teething or he just want to hear me scream!)
As for me, I had one special moment a few days back – when Benjamin took his first wobbly steps unaided, I was there to witness it. I wasn’t at work, at the groceries or in any part of the house. I was THERE and it made me so happy. I remember when my older daughter Pristine was small, my mom who was then taking care of her called and told me on the phone: “your girl took her first steps!”. I don’t remember much about that conversation but I clearly can’t forget how it made me so emotional! As a working mom, these little milestones mean a lot and I’m just happy to see my baby boy chose to take his first little steps when I was there with him!