After 7 months, you know you’re in Dubai when:
- you can’t lick your ice cream quick enough and it melts all over your face, clothes, hair and bag
- you come out from a mall with and can’t see anything (fogs in your glasses!)
- 2 seconds after you come out from the heavily airconditioned building, you wished someone should have invented anti-fog glasses
- some a/c’s in cars and offices/malls are colder than siberia in winter season that you get ill and wonder how others bear with it
- you can ski and go to the beach all in one day
- you look like you played tennis for 10 hours, wet with sweat when in truth you were just standing outside for 2 minutes!
- you stand outside for two minutes and you feel that your skin in on fire
- you get into your car (leather seats) and burn your ass and arms!
- your neighbor’s dog refuses to step on the porch because the hot cement scorches its paws!!
- your bra is not designed for its primary purpose but more of a receptacle to catch sweat! yuck….
- You sweat in places you never thought is possible!
- You buy your first anti-perspirant and go crazy if the store runs out of them.
- you take a shower to refresh, at the end you’re even hotter because there is no difference between the cold and hot water!
- The swimming pool water keeps evaporating.
- You have to take a walk (for exercise) at 5:30 in the morning because by 6:30, it’s too hot to do it.
- You wonder why on earth you’re in such a rush to return!
- Everyone is complaining about gaining weight when it is supposed to be so hot and people sweat a lot!
- you know you’re in Dubai when you see people freakin’ bored with work and ridiculuously keep on expanding this list because there is not much to do outdoors!
See you next month! Yay for me for somewhat surviving my first summer in the desert!!