** Today is not yet the 13th of the month..hey, it’s Friday the 13th this coming Friday…I don’t really like going out on Friday the 13th. I am superstitious, just a little…where were we? Oh, I will post this earlier because my blog stats says there’s hardly anyone reading this space on Fridays. So here goes:**
This will be a regular post every 13th of the month (unless I forget!) marking the day we stepped into desert land.
So far after 6 months I learned and discovered that in Dubai…
- Roads are constantly changing. Don’t expect to take the same boring route everyday. Some roads are here today, gone tomorrow.
Diversion roads that play hide and seek on a daily basis!
- Never keep too much distance from the car in front of you. Forget driving lessons learned in peaceful, sane Japan. Too much space in front of you would only lure crazy driver to cut in without blinking their indicators!
- Keep your attention on the car horn as well as on the brakes. Mental drivers are on the loose, 24/7.
- The Dubai now will not be the same Dubai 2 minutes later.
- Even if you are off at 1:30 p.m. on Thursdays, better stay inside the office until it gets dark. This is a very serious advice for people who do not want to burn in midday heat.
- The temperature electronic board up Salahuddin street is usually lower than the real ground temperature by at least 5 degrees. Today it read 40C. Go figure.
- You tell your 3-year old to go home after just 5 minutes in the park.
- Always, always bring a light jacket when going to the malls. If you don’t and you catch a cold, don’t tell me I did not warn you.
- If you miss winter just go to the Mall of the Emirates or any Carrefour supermarket. Dress up in your winter clothes complete with knitted hat and mittens.
- Always bring headache meds when going out on weekends. Coming in and out of the cold malls from the hot temp outside can make your head spin.
- Water from the cold tap is HOT.
- Never wear lipgloss during sandstorm. Heed this advice, ladies!
- The toilet seat is never cold!!
Off to compile for next month’s post!