What’s new in desert land? Let me count ’em:
- There was a sandstorm yesterday – we had dull, gray skies, strong hot wind (blow dryer in your face kind of weather has arrived) and rain! Rain! in May!! Oh well it was just a drizzle just before 7 pm but still very weird weather!
- Dubai folks over at Twitter were busy buzzing about the recent article from UK’s The Guardian. Article teaser says, “Couples who publicly kiss are jailed, yet the state turns a blind eye to 30,000 imported prostitutes”. Oh yeah, wowzers…read the article here if you’re intrigued. And based on the stories I have heard from other residents here and actual “sightings” of these girls, yeah it is true.
- A friend of mine got back from her Umrah (pilgrimage) to Mecca, Saudi Arabia with swollen, bruised feet. She said she walked for hours wihout any shoes. I have yet to investigate on the story. (She’s too busy catching up with work that I haven’t talked to her much since morning)
- I won a radio contest again and the prize is a two night weekend stay plus breakfast buffet (who wakes up to have breakfast on hotels!?) at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Hmmm, I just saved my husband some money because we’ll go on our anniversary in July + Pristine of course, just like last year. I’m counting the days until the mini R & R.
- It’s getting real deal hot in here with temperatures soaring to the 40’s (102F) on midday. If it’s still too cold or snowing in your place, I’m open for bargain and gladly share half of Dubai’s temp. In that way, we’ll all be happy.
Lastly, I tucked Pristine to bed last night, hugged her tightly and whispered to her: “I love you. You are my life.” To which I got the reply, “I love you too mama but I’m not inside your body anymore!”
Anything going on in your neck of the woods?