Lately, I found a new comfort and joy without the headaches brough about by gluten. Low glycemic almond flour won’t give me a brain fog so I can eat these at any time of the day without feeling the need to nap. Who knew good, healthy food can also taste so good!
We had this on Christmas morning.
- 1 Tbsp honey (Elana used agave nectar but I didn’t have any in stock)
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (Elana used grapeseed oil but I used natural coconut oil)
1. Combine all, mix well and set aside.
- 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp celtic sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (Elana used grapeseed oil)
- 1/4 cup honey (Elana used agave nectar)
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
1. Combine all the dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt.
2. In a large bowl, blend together the wet ingredients: coconut oil, honey, eggs and vanilla.
3. Blend dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix well. Scant into paper cup lined muffin tray.
4. Spoon cinnamon topping into the top of the muffins.
5. Bake for 10 minutes at 350F.
That’s it! Be ready for anyone visiting your home to stay and sniff around your sweet smelling kitchen. The nutty smell of almond combined with the awesome scent of cinnamon and honey is warm, cozy and has that “at home” feel. I’m not good at expressing scents so I guess you try cooking it and smell for yourselves!
By the way, this little muffins tastes better the next morning!