Thanks to Samulli for the beautiful TT banner.
How do you fill a mall with an area equivalent to 50 soccer pitches? Here’s what’s inside the Dubai Mall:
1. Dubai Ice Rink– Olympic sized ice rink offering various learn to skate programs. It will host international ice hockey contests. The rink also doubles as a concert arena.
2. The Gold Souk – The biggest gold store in the world with 220 retailers.
3. Food courts – Biggest in Dubai 160 food and beverage outlets, water fountains and outside terraces.
4. Hamleys – The world’s largest toy store.
5. Kidzania – A city scaled down to children’s size. Kids can role play in 70 different professions from doctors to chefs.
6. Sega Republic– Indoor spin coster, one of the largest selections of arcade and gaming machines in the world
7. Bloomingdale’s – One of America’s leading department store with 4 levels.
8. Fashion Avenue– Chanel, Gucci, Armani, Versace, Dolce & Gabbana & other luxury brands are showcased. Includes a 20 meter hydraulic catwalk to showcase new collections to the world.
9. Retail outlets – 1,200 retails outlets
10. Cinemas – Dubai’s largest with 22 screens.
11. Waitrose – UK supermarket chain covering nearly the entire bottom half of the mall on the lower ground.
12. Dubai Aquarium and Discovery Centre – One of the largest tanks on the planet, featuring the world’s largest viewing panel measuring 32.8m wide and 8.3m high.
I still can’t believe they put so many sharks in that aquarium together with the other fishes. News continue to spread that the opening of the mall/aquarium was threatened because of bloody shark fights.
Living animals, representing more than 85 species, including over 400 sharks and rays combined in the Aquarium. The massive aquarium spreads over ground, level one & two. The aquarium holds 10 million liters of water!
13. Waterfront– With views of the world’s tallest building, Burj Dubai, musical fountain that’s 25% larger than the Bellagio in Las Vegas.
Dubai Mall opened its doors to the public, setting several world records, early this week.
** I haven’t been there yet but we took a peek of the area one week before the opening. **