13 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD COME TO DUBAI IN SUMMER
- Simply because financially, you can! – Special summer rates for 5 star hotels. Airlines and hotels lop more than a third off their normal prices so luxury is affordable.
- You can travel light! – No need to bring so much clothes in your luggage. Yes, you can show some skin in this Muslim country and keep your head intact.
- You feet will thank you – Flip-flops and sandals will do, forget your socks. Time to expose your pale feet to some sun.
- You can use the hankies at last! – Finally, you can pull those cute hankies given to you as gifts and put them to good use. Try going out and in less than 2 minutes… hankies to the rescue!
- Mrs. Beckham will envy you! – A guaranteed FREE perfect tan in just 10 minutes!
- You can enjoy the serene beach – the sand and the sea all to yourself!
- You can even achieve diet success! – It’s very possible to lose one dress size in a week. But see and smell the streetside shawarmas? Just don’t even think about it.
- You will learn to appreciate rain – for the record, the last time it rained here was March 19, 2007.
- A bling awaits you – I will award you with the title “Heat-seeker of the first degree”.
- You will become ‘environment conscious’ – You will know the meaning of 50C temperature and 90%+ humidity.
- You’ll know the definition of irony – by knowing how 15C feels like in the middle of summer (inside offices and malls)
- You’ll know the definition of superficial and denial – There you are sipping your coffee inside the temperature controlled premises called the mall a.k.a. your secondary home and then it hits you: it’s time to go home, go out to the hot reality beyond that sliding door…
- Above all – Where else can you experience hell on earth?
Side note: Hellish Dubai is available for limited offer only. Don’t ask me what I am doing here and why we continually thrive here when I make it look like it’s unbearable because actually, it is not. When summer is over, Dubai is just perfect! Not too hot and never too cold! Unbroken blue skies, calm sea, majestic beach…I will feature that in another Thursday Thirteen edition. You just wait.