13 SIGNS THAT SAYS YOU’VE BEEN IN JAPAN TOO LONG – PART TWO
1. You are disappointed you can’t buy Japanese wine for cooking in supermarkets in Dubai.
2. You keep on complaining why the taste of Japanese rice sold in malls is not authentic.
3. You prefer Asahi or Yebisu beer over Heineken every time.
4. When you talk with other foreigners in Dubai, you almost always start with, “In Japan, we…”
5. You pull up at a gas station and expect a bunch of Norman Rockwell type attendants to jump out and clean your windshield and car windows. and you get disappointed they don’t exist in Dubai.
6. You are irritated why the buses don’t follow the time schedule in Dubai.
7. You automatically remember all important dates in Showa numbers.
8. You have mastered the art of simultaneous bowing and hand shaking.
9. You are appalled to see your mother pour miso shiru over rice.
10. You rush home to catch the last minutes of sumo!! So true, I love, love that sport and while in Japan, I sometimes violated traffic rules just to be home before Yokozuna Asashoryu’s fight at the end of the show!
11. You think one kind of rice tastes better than another kind. I still believe Niigata Koshi-hikari is the best!
12. You can’t read the story book The Three Little Pigs to your child without giggling when you get to the part “Not by the hair of your chinny chin chin*”
13. You do not possess the ability to mispronounce Japanese words like a non-Japanese would.
Like it? You can check out Part One.