Thursday Thirteen banner courtesy of Harlekwin
13 THINGS TO BE HAPPY ABOUT ‘WINTER’ IN DUBAI
Believe it or not, we have this thing called winter here in the Middle East. If you are thinking that I’m living in constant heat and profuse perspiration all year round, well, it’s time you know that I am not living in hell all the time, only 4 months in a year! 🙂
1. Waking up knowing the sun is there and we will not be rained.
2. Cooler temperatures; no need to turn on the air conditioner (at last) = lots of savings on the electric bill.
3. No frost in the car windows! No ice scraping on our way to work. No heater in the car either so after turning the key, we are off in a few seconds.
4. We can walk walk, run, gallop, dash, do whatever without slipping on the road (unless acting very stupid).
5. No heaters needed in the house which means we don’t need to sit miserably near the heater all the time!
6. We can still go out with minimal clothing, only add a light cardigan or day jacket and we’re all set.
7. We can still sleep in t-shirts and a pajama. No electric woolly blankets!
8. The poor car does not look like an igloo in the morning.
9. The drivers on the road are calmer. There is just something about hot weather driving people mad.
10. The water in the tap is finally back to normal. During summer, even if the water heater switch is off, water from the tap is so hot that taking a shower in the morning is unbelievably uncomfortable.
12. No more running from one temperature controlled environment to another. No more heat induced headaches.
13. No more sandstorms, only cloudless blue skies (almost) everyday and no snow, of course!