Thursday Thirteen banner by Samulli
13 QUESTIONS I ASKED MYSELF BEFORE CHOOSING “THE ONE”
1. Is this the man I want my child/children to spend their weekends with? – – We are talking of “till death do us part” here, so imagine how many weekends until that time?
2. What would be our possible DNA combination result? – – It’s not too much to ask for a good guy who also looks good, right?
3. How does he treat his mother and/or sister? – – because most likely it will have a reflection on how he treats women in general.
4. Is he wearing a watch? – – I am partial to people wearing watches, male or female. I think it means time is important for them.
5. Does he put his dirty clothes in the laundry basket or just hurl them to the floor? – – Hey, I don’t want to spend the rest of my life picking up his dirty clothes when he has his two hands to do that.
6. Does he smoke and/or have dependency to alcohol? – – All because I am not a smoker and have allergy to tobacco and because dependency to alcohol don’t get anyone anywhere.
7. Does he have too many exes? – – I am the extremely jealous type. I don’t like the idea of exes hovering around.
8. Does he own a cookbook? – – He needs to know how to cook in case I can’t, our children will not starve. Don’t tell me to buy ready to eat ones, that is just not my way.
9. How is he with children around him? (For obvious reasons)
10. Is he good in Math? – – Because I’m not and there has got to be a balance in the gene pool.
11. Does he have chest hairs? – – I don’t like hairy men, period.
12. Any tattoos?– – A hard question to answer as it requires examining the entire body from corner to corner, lol! Glad I didn’t have to do it.
13. How does he treat me when I’m sick? – – To test the “in sickness and in health” part. Actually, this was the turnaround why I decided to accept M’s proposal of marriage. I got very sick, deadly sick 6 years ago and he drove more than a hundred miles to get to me, take care of me and nursed me back to health. I had no family with me and it was the first time I have ever felt so alone in my entire life. He is the male Nightingale.
This week’s Thursday Thirteen is dedicated to my husband who passed all the above questions with flying colors. Happy Birthday (Oct. 29) and thank you for coming into my life.