Thursday Thirteen banner courtesy of Boho Rhap
13 THINGS I ASSOCIATE WITH #13
1. I was the only girl in my family until I was 13 years old. I am the eldest, then came 4 brothers and finally, the darling of the family, my sister was born after I turned 13 and on the way of becoming a tomboy.
2. The letters in my first name, middle name and maiden name adds up to 13! (and I just found it NOW that I am doing this list) — now that I am married, my first name and husband’s family name that I’m using still adds up to 13!
3. There are 13 regions in my birth country.
4. There were 13 of us from my region who took the exams for scholarship in Japan which I eventually passed, more than 10 years ago.
5. I passed my driver’s license exam on the 13th of December 2001. Inside me, I was praying I’d fail and get another exam on the next day but of the 100+ examinees, only 27 passed so I consider myself lucky. (Japanese driver’s license exam passing score is 95%)
6. When I took the exams that winter morning, there were 13 female examinees and a handful of men.
7. My husband and I became an official item on the 13th of July.
8. No, he wasn’t my 13th boyfriend and he didn’t have 13 girlfriends before me either. 🙂
9. I discovered I was pregnant on the 13th of April 2003.
10. The kindest boss I ever had was 13 years my senior. His car plate number is unique, especially in Japan: 13.
11. My family came to Dubai on 13th of January 2007. Our flight from Japan was on the evening of the 12th and we arrived the morning after.
12. There’s a bus #13 near where I live.
13. Last but not the least, Thursday THIRTEEN is my favorite meme of all time and I am getting hooked week after week.