I’m busy preparing for our vacation so I’ll make this quick:
1. Make an itinerary, usually done at least two months before.
2. Decide which clothes to bring or not
3. Iron clothes to bring
4. Label things (suitcases)
5. Compress clothes that are bulky using those vacuum sealed plastics that reduce the size and bulkiness of any fabric to less than 50%
6. Pack clothes and necessities for accompanying toddler (books, extra shirts, medicine, snacks, water bottle, wipes, etc)
7. Weigh the suitcase
8. Plan meal ahead to empty the fridge before going
9. Settle all outstanding bills
10. General house cleaning
11. Buy gifts/souvenirs
12. Inform destination of our expected date and time of arrival
13. Have plenty of rest! Dubai-Japan flight takes 15 hours including a short stopover at Hong Kong and from Narita Airport, it’s 3 hours by train to Tokyo!