I’ve been using Twitter for more than a year now and I love it. In fact, I love it next to blogging and more than I would ever love Facebook. As of date I have more than 1,000 followers but only follow back a few. That way, I can keep up with my Twitter stream and engage in conversations with people whose area of interests are the same with mine or learn things I don’t know.
There are reasons why I don’t/won’t follow every one who follows me. Here are a few reason why I won’t follow you back:
1. Your Twitter avatar displays a massive boob crack or only have little clothes on you.
2. There are no @ mentions in your Twitter stream, which means you use Twitter mainly to ‘talk’ not listen and discuss.
3. The only topic you tweet about is what you had for lunch, along with Twitpic for evidence.
4. You have too much hashtags on your tweets.
5. The only topic you tweet about is your kids and how many times they vomitted over the last 5 hours.
6. You give advices like how to have as many followers as Ashton Kutcher. Your advice might be great but I don’t want to be Ashton Kutcher.
7. Your tweets almost always have external links. I get it, you want to share links you discovered but those links might be porn sites, I’ll never know.
8. You have very few/no followers but follow a thousand dudes and chicks.
9. Your tweets are suicidal in tone.
10. Your tweets mostly contain obscene language. I don’t want to deal with your potty mouth.
11. Your Twitter updates are protected and I need your permission to follow you.
12. Your tweet stream have nothing on it than inspirational quotes or God forbid, Bible verses.
13. You are the RT (retweet) queen or king.
How about you? Any reason why you wouldn’t be following that someone on Twitter?