I’m definitely growing old as the days I reminisce about my childhood days become more and more frequent. Some of the lessons I learned while growing up:
1. No matter how hard you try, you can’t baptize cats.
2. When Mom is angry with Dad, don’t let her brush your hair!
3. Never ask your three year old brother to hold a ripe tomato.
4. Never ask your other 5 year old brother to watch the cake icing.
5. Don’t sneeze when someone is cutting your hair, most especially when the scissors are near your ears.
6. Liquid Paper is not a nail polish.
7. Talking to a three year old is like nailing jelly into a wall.
8. Wrinkles don’t hurt.
9. When one of your brothers hit you, don’t hit them back. They always catch the second person.
10. A donut is a very effective bribe for pre-schoolers.
11. Pineapple-scented dishwashing liquid is not juice.
12. It is possible to play tennis and bruise your shoulder blades. I swear up to now, I don’t know how it happened!
13. Families are like fudge…mostly sweet with a few nuts.