… until my vacation, that is!
Can you see my wide, wide smile? I’ve been looking forward to this vacation since the day my 6 month probation period ended and I signed my ‘probable’ days of annual leave.
Expatriates in Dubai get 30 days of paid vacation every one year of service with economy air tickets and since I have been working for more than 18 months, I get 45 days! Oh la la!
All my bags are packed, I’m ready to go…I’m standin’ here outside your door…oh before I finish the entire song, here are 13 things I look forward to in my vacation to Japan and the Philippines.
1. A trip to the salon after almost 2 years! Twenty one unbelievable months to be exact. Imagine uber long lack luster hair and split ends (the first time since high school!).
3. Japanese food
4. Train rides in Tokyo
5. Going to my in-laws in rural Japan
6. Onsen (Japanese hot springs bath)
7. Lots of cocktail drinks
8. Karaoke! I’ll definitely bring Pristine to the Karaoke house for the first time. I’m sure she’ll love it!
9. Going back to Pristine’s daycare and see how her friends are doing. I am so thrilled to see how she’ll communicate with them.
10. Meeting my pregnant/just given birth friends and of course the un-preggy ones too.
11. Get together with all my many siblings. I can imagine, long hours of talking, laughing and poking at each other’s sides for fun.
12. My brother’s wedding (in the Philippines) to his long-time girlfriend. They’ve been together for 12 years!
13. Tokyo Disneyland.
… leaving…on a jet plane…