I was shocked to know that there’s no more Thursday Thirteen (more shocked when I found out the site do not even exist anymore). While I am sad because it’s my favorite meme and I look forward to it every week, I can understand how it must be hard for the TT moderators to maintain the site and go through everyone’s list when they have a family crisis.
Meanwhile, I can’t stop posting lists just yet. Here’s one I got from my office mail. Every two years employees in the company I work with are assessed through a panel interview and given remarks about their performance. I will have my interview in a few days so I hope I won’t have any of these remarks (and the underlying FUNNY meanings) from my boss:
1. OUTGOING PERSONALITY – Always going out of the office
2. GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS – Spends lot of time on phone
3. WORK IS FIRST PRIORITY – Too ugly to get a date
4. SOCIALLY ACTIVE – Drinks a lot
5. INDEPENDENT WORKER – Nobody knows what he/she does
6. QUICK THINKER – Offers plausible excuses
7. USES LOGIC ON DIFFICULT JOBS – Gets someone else to do it
8. EXPRESSES SELF WELL – Speaks English
9. KEEN SENSE OF HUMOR – Knows a lot of dirty jokes
10. LOYAL – Can’t get a job anywhere else
11. HAS LEADERSHIP QUALITIES – is tall or has a loud voice
12. CAREER MINDED – Back stabber
13. RELAXED ATTITUDE – Sleeps at desk
Of course, these meanings are meant as a joke!
If you’re (still) writing a list of anything thirteen on Thursdays, do let me know in the comments so I can visit or sign in Mr. Linky (if Mr. Linky for TT is still working)!